Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My Basement

















My basement is in dire straits. I am wet all the time and it makes me feel dark, dank and dirty! Water pours in from runoff from the street. I can't wait for Dave to give me an overhaul! It'll come, I am patient and have waited for years now, what's a bit more time. The last owner abandoned me and let all my beautiful pipes burst in the freezing cold. Poor Dave had to come down here and give me new pipes. I will sing tonight when he gets home from work. A local man came today to turn the water on. He was a true Mainah! What a card! Dry dry as they come. He was a skinny older man with a wicked accent! AYUH!! The northern drawl! He had a very straight face and he pulled up in his El Camino! They haven't made them for years. He didn't seem like much of a conversationalist, otherwise, I am certain Dave would have asked him what year his car was. Ahhh, hell Dave probably already knew! HA! He has polar fleece plaid seat covers and about a half dozen milk crates in the back. He had to dig around in the front yard with this orange colored PVC pipe looking thing that made noise when it went over metal. Dave made a funny that only he and Christina got, and told the guy, Russ, that that was a pretty funny looking witching rod. HEHE!! Christina grinned, but I don't thing the old Mainah got it hehe So he left in short order and Dave went down into my basement and had a few things left to do, but his boss kept calling him, so he had to leave for the day and promised Christina she could get water from my new pipes later when he gets home. Dave is awful good to Christina!

No comments: