Friday, June 30, 2006

Bathroom









Well, my bathroom is a cute story. It is bright and cheerful with the old cast iron Kohler footed tub, wainscotting all around with a cubby sink under the stairs with a small version of a gooseneck faucet, in brass with white porcelain handles, not knobs, and a brass drain in a small deep Kohler sink. The toilet is brand new, Dave had to buy a new one because when my pipes froze it broke the tank. Dave thought to just buy the tank, but between them both they decided to just bite the bullet and buy a cute new one, cute as far as toilets go. hehe Christina has spent all day,Thursday, painting my walls and ceiling. She decided on Antique Lace for the color of my wainscotting, ceiling and trim and Pink Smoke for my walls with approximately 2" Antique Lace stripes painted over the top. She isn't quite done yet, but it looks and feels very good. Dave still has to fix the drip in the tub and from the pipes running into the tub. Nothing major just annoying and a waste of water. There is a divider wall between the tub and toilet and she put a dark green and brass oval metal plant bucket on the half wall and put their bathroom things in it and ivy at each end of the bucket. An old wrought iron planter stands in the corner next to the tub and window with a Peace Lily on it. Looks pretty nice if I do say so myself. hehe

No comments: