Sunday, July 02, 2006

Salvaging a Tin Ceiling & Ripping Out The Rest












This was quite the project!! Cellulose insulation crept into many rooms and settled on EVERYTHING!! The cobwebs were amazing! It looked like Cypress trees in Louisiana covered in spanish moss!! Nick and Dave did a great job though! They were organized, mostly, and it came out quicker than either of them though it would! I feel great having their hands on me and cleaning me out from the inside! I even smell better! This project took about 5 hours from start to finish. They bagged up all the insulation after and there is a mountain of it now! Dave is going to see if he can post a free ad in Uncle Henry's for the insulation. Saves him time taking it to trasnfre station or renting a dumpster, plus he thinks someone might like it possibly for a camp or something. Hope that works out like that! For today I am breathing freely, while Dave looks my insides over and ponders his next plan of attack. He is worried about the fact they didn't make soffits in me. He will have to figure it out because he will have to redo work if he doesn't and we don't want to have to do this again hehe Rich gave him great advise the yesterday, but he is in Russia right now and not seeing first hand might be difficult to have a complete recommendation. Maybe Dave can take some more pics and send them to Rich of exacting problems. Meanwhile, I hope they open my windows wide and I think Christina is going to do cleaning..AGAIN in my kitchen hehe

No comments: